Who are they
Prayer soldiers are Christians who have committed to praying for their brothers and sisters in Christ who are serving in the military. They believe that prayer is a powerful weapon and that God hears and answers the prayers of His people.
Prayer soldiers understand the importance of standing in the gap and interceding on behalf of those who are risking their lives to protect our freedom. They know that God is sovereign and that He is ultimately in control, but they also believe that He wants His people to pray for those in authority over them (1 Timothy 2:1-2).
Prayer soldiers are part of a larger movement of believers who are contending for the souls of those who serve in the military. They believe that every person – regardless of their occupation – is made in the image of God and deserves to hear the Gospel.
If you’re interested in becoming a prayer soldier, there are a few things you can do:
- Pray for the military members you know by name. This could be family members, friends, or even acquaintances. Lift them up to God daily and ask that He would watch over them and keep them safe.
- Pray for all military members – both those who serve our country and those who serve other countries around the world. Ask God to show them His love and grace, and to lead them into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Intercede for our nation’s leaders, both civilian and military. Pray that they would have wisdom as they make decisions affecting our country, and that they would be guided by God’s Word in all they do.
- Share your faith with those who serve in the military. Many of them come from families with strong Christian values, but others may not have had much exposure to the Gospel. Be bold in your witness, and trust God to work through you to reach these men and women for His kingdom purposes!
what do they do
Prayer soldiers are people who have committed to pray for specific needs at designated times.
how to become one
Becoming a Prayer Soldier is a serious and solemn matter. It should not be taken lightly. You must be called by the Holy Spirit and have a deep desire to do God’s will. The requirements are simple, but the lifestyle is not easy. It takes dedication, commitment, and self-control. But, it is worth it! The rewards are great! Prayer Soldiers receive daily supernatural power to live the Christian life and fulfill their God-given destiny. They are an intervened people. God shows up for them!
There are five requirements for becoming a Prayer Soldier:
1) You must be saved and have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2) You must be baptized in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues .
3) You must live a life of holiness . This means you must turn away from sin and seek to do God’s will in every area of your life.
4) You must be willing to commit to praying one hour every day . This can be broken up into segments throughout the day, but you must dedicate one hour to prayer each day. This can be difficult at first, but it is possible with practice and self-control . Remember, prayer is warfare ! It is not optional if you want to win the battle .
5) You must be willing to share your testimony with others about what God has done in your life . We are all witnesses for Christ whether we like it or not . Every believer has been given a story to share about how God has intervened in their life . Some people are more bold than others , but we all have a testimony . By being obedient to share our story , we open the door for God to use us mightily !